1. Do you obtain consents for the insertion of a Midline in your facility? ( we currently do not)
2. Do you do a "time out" prior to the insertion of a Midline? ( we currently do not, only for a PICC line)
3. Do you utilize maximum barrier precautions for insertion of a Midline? ( we use the modified barrier precautions with drape under and over arm, hair cover, mask and sterile gloves, and sterile probe cover )
4. Do you have a 2nd person observe all your PICC line insertions and check you off on a insertion checklist saying you adhered to the insertion bundles, maintained sterility etc. ?
( we do not, we have periodic observations as a part of a perfomance improvment /IF data collection )
5. Do you do a 3 minute scrub of your hands and arms prior to each line insertion ?
Looking forward to your responses, thanks in advance,
Gina Ward RN, VA-BC