Forum topic

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Karen Fox
New member, How do I get my CRNI

  Could someone let me know what alternatives I have to get my CRNI?

Is there anything besides INS that offer the certification

AVA is supposed to be coming

AVA is supposed to be coming out with a certification this year.  I work for UPMC also (St. Margaret) and it seems AVA will better serve our particular needs.  Check their website for contact info.  I believe the address is

Good Luck.

Lisa Y., RN, BSN University of Pittsburgh Medical Center/Horizon IV Therapy

Karen Fox
Thank you so much for your

Thank you so much for your info, but I contacted AVA and they do not have that capability,  all they offer  are credits to renew your CRNI. You still have to go through INS to get it.  If you come across any other alternative, please pass it on



The certification that meets
The certification that meets you needs will depend upon your practice. Do you focus on all infusion therapy or limit your practice to only vascular access? If you are involved with the entire scope of infusion therapy, the CRNI credential from INS would best meet your needs and there is no other certification program that addresses the full scope. If you limit your practice to insertion of PICCs and vascular access maintenance, etc, the future AVA program may be better. AVA is just beginning to work on this and I would recommend you contact them about when this program will actually be ready for you to take. I have not heard anyone state that the program will be finished this year. Lynn

Lynn Hadaway, M.Ed., RN, BC, CRNI

Lynn Hadaway Associates, Inc.

126 Main Street, PO Box 10

Milner, GA 30257


Office Phone 770-358-7861

Log in or register to post comments