(Lots of issues this week.) Partner placed a line on saturday on a bulky guy. It was malpositioned so he tried to reposition it but of course it just got worse.Â I went in on sunday and did an exchange and it went in perfect - no other manipulation needed.Â Nurses started using it monday because of confusion whether it was good to go. On tuesday they stopped using it because his arm got swollen.Â I ordered duplex which was negative and of course heat and elevation. He was good with the heat but not the elevation. Wednesday found that the duplex was negative and the swelling had gone down but still a little puffy on the lower are and in the hand where he had had a PIV but i had pulled when I placed the picc.Â I didnt think it was swollen then. I wanted toÂ pull the line and place in other arm but by now this guy is needing control and dying to leave for 1 month home Abx. He was sure the PICC was not a problem. My big worry was infectious phlebitis and explained it to him but he was leaning towards "the picc is not the problem, they have beat my arm up already". Final result was that we decided he could go home with it and continue the heat and if any problems develped to come back and have it done in the other are".Â Did I do wrong??