Does anyone have guidelines for picc placement when blood cultures have been drawn but are not final. We have been waiting 48 hours from the time the cultures are planted. IF pt's condition is such that they can not wait, we asked ID to ok picc placement. What are others doing? Thanks in advance for your help.